face

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday, September 28, 2012

Movie Nite with Sephora

This is following up on the last post i did . The Sephora Movie night event was yesterday . I live about an hour away from where the event was being held so i was forced to leave straight from work . When i got there i was told to head to theater number 8 and that my print out would be taken there . When i got there i was greeted by an old women that looked like she didn't even know what a sephora's was and an elder gentlemen that work for the theater . I took my seat next to a very nice young girl and who i think was a her boyfriend . We talked for a while , mostly about the drive the collection . To my left was a little girl about 6 yrs old that was very excited for the movie . I had a feeling all three of us where on the same page with excitement lol .

At about 10 to 7 the greeter decided to walk down the isle and yell at everyone to shut off there phones . The movie started promptly at 7 with no sort of previews or intro into the upcoming releases (dvd or makeup line) . I loved the movie of course . At the end we were told that our goodie bags could be claimed as we walked out .

In all honesty it was not what i was expecting . It felt very thrown  together for a company like theres and i have a faint feeling that the event would not have been the same had i lived in NY or Cali (any major city really) . I would have thought a rep for Sephora would have been there with the new line and would have talked about them . I was really hoping to have had the chance to play around with them for a while prior to the movie . Now for the so called goodie bag , It was a tiny Sephora bag with a flyer for the line and dvd and a gift card , that's it . The card was for $5 .

All in all i am glad i went i talked to a few very nice girls but for the most part it was a waist of time . Especially when your driving an hour to get there and an hour to get home . I would have much rather hold on to my 250 points and perches the movie on Blu-ray . If you went to the even in your area please let me know how it went , I would love to hear your experience .

Have a great weekend and ill see you in my next post .

MelissaJ

6 comments:

  1. Awww, sorry that it ended up being so anti-climatic! I really wanted to go but the NYC event sold out super fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stinks sorry you couldn't make it , i would have loved to hear your experience . do you know anyone that went and or how it went??

      Delete
  2. it sounds like this was the general consensus on how the event happened everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O wow , I haven't read any other reviews yet , it sad to see that they dropped the ball on something that could have been great .

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I wish you had a better time! Maybe enough people will express their disappointment and Sephora will do better next time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry too , I hope more people review the event it had great potential , it was just poor execution on there part .

      Delete