face

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review : Mac Pro Palette Large/Duo Sided

 

I have been holding out on writing this because i didn't want to make any rush decisions on it . I have been working with it for about a month now . When i first heard of this palette (what felt like century's ago) I couldn't wait to get my hands on them . When the day finally came i ordered two right off the bat . I wanted to love them so much but unfortunately that's not the case . 

I'm going to start with the negative only because i feel like non of the reviews i have read and seen seem to have the problems I have encountered with this . The magnetic bottom/lids , Knowing this a duel sided palette i would think they would be a bit stronger then its predecessor especially when the you can opt for not inserts . That's not the case , my pro pans are sliding around and end up flipping on to the clear lid and breaking . Makes it near impossible to travel with them . The same thing with the blush pro pan , though i have noticed they have used different magnets on the bottom of the blushes recently there larger and a bit thicker . 

My second issue with this palette is the clear lid itself . If you don't have nails or just maintain your nails short it's unbelievable difficult to open/flip to the other side . When your working the last thing you want is to be slowed down ever time you need to accesses the other side of your palette . It gets very annoying . 

The palette itself is made very well , super sturdy and the storage space is wonderful . I love having that many shadows in one spot and clearly visible at all times . The hinges are just as well made opening and closing very smoothly . I feel that this could have been the holy grail of palettes for me and i wanted to fall in love with it but i am sorry to say its a miss of me especially when i am having to dish out more money to fix the poor magnet problem . I hope you find this helpful and i would love to know your experience with this and what your thoughts are . Hope everyone is having a great week .  


No comments:

Post a Comment